While the entire ecosystem is faltering, its blockchain technology that redefines non-fungible tokens continues to evolve. A smooth journey that delivers month after month the NFT and network innovations that make this unique project so special. With the arrival of a fully functional and above all very promising Mainnet, announcements of great importance follow one another.
Augmented NFTs, a mainnet to operate them, TERNOA assumes its singularity
Ternoa is an open-source and decentralized layer 1 protocol that allows, among other things, to create secure and scalable NFT. Since its birth, the company provides developers with access to an independent and decentralized infrastructure, a close-knit community and funding. The Mainnet launched in April is the final version of Ternoa’s blockchain technology.
It is the stabilized network, ready to be used by validators and users. Indeed, each deployed element is subject to a prior community test on the Alphanet test network. Final approved versions are then prepared and deployed on the Mainnet through a governance proposal. CAPS native tokens thus become an important pillar of the Ternoa ecosystem as they are used to pay transaction fees, give you a voice, and secure the entire network through staking.
The other pillar of Ternoa is the NFT. A unique digital format that is central to the entire ecosystem. This is an assumed angle of work that starts from the fact that developers working on the creation of utility NFTs are confronted with numerous challenges, and are often sailing at a loss. Exorbitant research and development costs, difficult information retrieval and sharing for developers, the list of constraints is long. With its Mainnet, Ternoa now offers many features to adapt its multi-chain NFT network to the needs of the developer community.
Original and disruptive innovations
Indeed, since April, phase 1 has been successfully completed. The core network has gone through several major structural steps, some of which are already being used on a daily basis.
- The bridge between Ethereum and Ternoa is in place. This is a crucial element for the ecosystem, both in terms of development and security. It relies on a mesh of relay nodes to securely transfer $CAPS tokens. The code was audited by Chainsulting. The bridge allows users to connect their ERC-20 wallet (e.g. Metamask) to their native Substrate wallet (e.g. Polkadot.js wallet extension). Making transfers between the Ethereum and Ternoa networks is just a formality.
- A brand new SDK has been released. It is a software suite for developers. It is probably the easiest and fastest way to build on the protocol. Easy to install, it allows to interact with the network, accounts, balances and fees. Other functions will be added in future versions. They will be adapted according to the evolutions of the main network. We already know that these next versions will introduce capabilities related to staking, and later to NFTs.
- To check in real time the status of Ternoa networks (testnet, alphanet, mainnet) and IPFS network, a new Ternoa Status page has been implemented. Other metrics will be added soon.
- Implementation of Nominator Staking & Rewards. CAPS token holders can now select the validators of their choice to delegate their tokens to participate in network security and be rewarded for it.
A constantly evolving ecosystem
In addition to all these new features, Ternoa continues to improve on the existing:
- The Ternoa wallet allows you to manage $CAPS and hit NFTs from a phone. It also allows access to DApps linked to the Ternoa network. In addition to fixing some bugs, version 1.9 of the wallet integrates Alphanet and Mainnet. Thus, the transfer of $CAPS between them is facilitated.
- The network explorer has been updated. It already allowed users to search for transactions, accounts, and track capsules and NFTs. It now receives a new user interface, and supports the brand new Mainnet.
A lot of transformations and innovations that Ternoa recently made a point of showing to the community members. Indeed, since the launch of the successive phases that will lead to the finalized network, Ternoa’s team has multiplied its initiatives for cryptophiles, and well beyond. Thus, the participants of the PBS, the Coin Bureau conference in London or the Croatian Blocksplit have had access to this information in the privileged framework of a direct exchange with the initiators of the project. An experience that the team admits was enriching at all levels, auguring a new train of original and disruptive innovations.