An update not very appreciated by miners
As you know, Ethereum made its update, The Merge, last week. Some miners did not want to switch from mining (PoW) to staking (PoS) and therefore chose to support a fork of the Ethereum blockchain to continue securing a network via mining. Thus, two forks have emerged: Ethereum PoW, the best known and most supported, and EthereumFair, less expected and therefore less capitalized.
How do you get your Ethereum PoW (ETHW) back?
You had Ethers on an exchange platform.
If the exchange supported the fork, then the exchange credited you with as many ETHW as you had ETH to your account. This allows you to sell them immediately if you wish. Here is the list of some platforms supporting the ETHW fork:
To get your ETHWs back, you need to add the Ethereum PoW network to your MetaMask, here are its characteristics:
- Network Name : ETHW-mainnet
- New RPC URL : mainnet.ethereumpow.org
- ChainID : 10001
- Symbol : ETHW
- Explorer : mainnet.ethwscan.com
To add a new network click first on the “Ethereum mainnet” at the top of your extension and then on “Add a network”.
By selecting the Ethereum POW network, you can now see all the tokens you have on this blockchain.
If you want to sell them you will then have to send your ETHW on a platform supporting the fork like FTX or Bybit for example.
You had ETH on a Ledger wallet
You’ll have to do a little more complex manipulation, but nothing insurmountable don’t worry.
- Connect your Ledger to your MetaMask. Be careful not to import the seed of your Ledger into your MetaMask but just connect a hardware wallet.
- You will reuse the EthereumPoW network features that are shown above.
- Once the network is added you should see the same amount of ETHW as you have ETH on that wallet.
How do you get your EthereumFair (ETF) back?
The manipulations are almost identical. However, far fewer exchanges support this fork. Only Huobi, Gate.io and Poloniex support this new cryptocurrency.
If you want to get your ETFs on MetaMask or on your Ledger then you will have to indicate the information when adding the EthereumFair network on MetaMask:
- Network Name: EthereumFair
- New RPC URL : rpc.etherfair.org
- ChainID: 513100
- Symbol: ETF
- Explorer: explorer.etherfair.org